Friday, June 12, 2009

Foodie Friday

Do you like chocolate? If not, I'm actually surprised we are friends...or maybe you accidentally stumbled onto my blog... ;) juuuuust kidding. But seriously, if you do crave things like warm chocolate cake or chocolatey brownies fresh from the oven, then you MUST check out the chocolate muffin mix made by Vitalicious.


This mix makes in an oh-so-chocolatey muffin that barely tastes like it's good for you. Of course, in addition to chocolate goodness, these muffins are surprisingly healthy, with 100 calories, 1.5g fat, 6g fiber...that's only 1 WW point per muffin! I think they're best served warm from the oven, but I've successfully frozen them in the past and just reheated a muffin or two at a time in the microwave. These are a perfect snack, and I even like them for breakfast (is there EVER a bad time for chocolate??). In fact, when we go on vacation, I'll pack a few in an airtight container, along with some bananas and juice, and voila--a healthy and fairly inexpensive "continental breakfast" right in our hotel room.

While they are available online, I've also found Vitalicious products at Harris Teeter in the Carolinas, and they're probably available at a store near you!
If you're interested in trying these out but aren't sure you want to commit to making a dozen, they do come pre-made in packs of four in the frozen food aisle, though they're more expensive than the mix.


p.s. As you can see on their website, there are a ton of other varieties. I've tried the frozen version of the brownies (not bad, but I always end up coming back to the muffins) as well as the golden corn vitatops (muffin tops).

1 comment:

laurensmommy said...

Megan, I just started reading your blog in the last couple of weeks and I LOVE this foodie Friday idea!! I have not heard of these muffins, but will be trying some soon (well, as soon as I can find some!) Are you a WW's girl? :)