Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday

A couple of weekends ago we were helping my parents clean out their shed, and I found several boxes of old toys from my childhood. Sorting through those things (some of which I still need to get rid of but am having trouble parting with!) was quite a walk down memory lane. So, today I'm blogging my list of top ten toys from the 80s (again, in no particular order). What were some of your favorite toys growing up?

1. Cabbage Patch Kids









2. Pound Puppies









3. Keypers








4. Popples









5. My Little Ponies








6. Strawberry Shortcake











7. Glow Worms











8. Kid Sister (& My Buddy)











9. Care Bears










10. Barbies










p.s. I found this fun site with other toys of the eighties that includes things I've missed like ALF (love him!), Rainbow Brite, Garbage Pail Kids (which I wasn't allowed to play with), and Teddy Ruxpin (somehow I had 2 used ones from yardsales/Goodwill, and neither worked!).

3 comments:

Ashley Goldsmith said...

Oh my gosh! What a trip down Memory Lane! I had forgotten about Keypers! I wasn't allowed to play with Garbage Pail Kids either! Emma has a gloworm that one of my friends got her, and she loves it. It lives in her crib, and she can't go to sleep without us mashing the button so it plays for her. :)

Christy Ross said...

wow. I had every one of those. even the garbage pale kids!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I feel soooo old. I think I still have some of my Cabbage Patch Kids and Pound Puppies...