Thursday, May 14, 2009

Foodie Friday

I'm always looking for new tasty and healthy snacks, recipes, foods, etc., so I thought I might share some on here as I come across them. I tend to use the Weight Watcher system to help determine "healthiness" at our house, so I'll include Points values, too, when I can. Oh, and because I'm cheesy, I'll try to share on Fridays and call this Foodie Friday! hehe

My latest find is smartfood's popcorn clusters. I bought the "chocolate cookie caramel pecan" version to try because it sounded like it might be a good fix for both salty and sweet cravings. While the name sounds kinda busy, I think this snack is oh-so-tasty!The popcorn clusters come in individual bags, so portion control is easy, and it's only 2 points for a single serving (1 oz.) bag. I was impressed by the 5g of fiber and 20% of the daily recommended values for calcium in each serving. They have a couple of other flavors like cranberry almond (gluten free) and honey multigrain (slightly lower calories/fat) that I might try in the future.

No comments: