Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

I presented my research at a meeting in Birmingham, Alabama, last week. The talk went smoothly, and I also had the opportunity to see E.O. Wilson, an Alabama-born and Pulitzer Prize winning biologist.


Along with the famous Wilson, I was also able to spend time with some more infamous characters from my days at Judson and Troy. ;)

I enjoyed a couple of fabulous dinners catching up with Christa, my good friend with whom I got my master's at Troy. Our yummy Thai meal was especially tasty! :)

I also had the chance to visit my old stomping grounds at Judson for part of the J-Day activities. The President's Home and Jewett Hall were beautiful as always...



...and I can't forget the wonderful place in which I spent MOST of my time--the science building!


Of course, it's not the bricks and mortar that are the stuff of memories, but rather it's the people. It was so great to hang out with my girls, Laura and Polly Ann!

No comments: